CPAA Pay Equity Resolution
(Updated January 20, 2021) Canada Post and the Canadian Postmasters and Assistants Association (CPAA) have reached a settlement to resolve a long-standing pay equity dispute.
If you meet the following criteria, you may be eligible for a payment:
- you are a current or former Canada Post employee or a retiree, and
- you are or were represented by CPAA, and
- you worked between September 1992 and March 1997.
If you are the legal representative* of a former Canada Post employee who was represented by CPAA and who is deceased, the estate may be eligible for a payment.
- • CPAA pay equity payments are calculated based on an employee’s work history. Some applicants’ applicable work history was minimal and as such their payments are minimal.
- • However, the Joint Pay Equity Committee decided that eligible applicants will receive at least a $10 payment, even if their work history meant they should receive less.
- • A mailing was sent to eligible applicants the week of May 24, 2021. It contained each applicant’s work history for the period of September 1, 1992 to March 31, 1997, and a non-disclosure agreement.
- • Applicants were asked to sign and return the non-disclosure agreement by June 4, 2021.
- • Please be assured that forms received after June 4 will continue to be accepted and scheduled for a payment in 2021.
It can also be returned by mail to:
CPAA PAY EQUITY
2701 RIVERSIDE DRIVE SUITE C0160
OTTAWA ON K1A 0B1